Retail Price: S$ 18.00 ()
Rosemary plant is native to the Mediterranean region An evergreen shrub with numerous branches, Rosemary's bark is ash-colored and scaly with leathery, thick leaves that are lustrous and dark green with white underneath. Its tiny pale blue blossoms abound from December through spring, and it can grow to heights of close to 2 meters in height. Its name means 'dew of the sea' because Rosemary naturally grows near the Mediterranean Sea. It has been used medicinally for several thousand years, and its leaves were traditionally burned to purify the air. Rosemary was used in Roman burial rites, and that practice continued well into the middle ages when it was customary to lay branches of rosemary on the coffin at funerals.
- Botanical Name: Rosmarinus Officinalis
- Main Constituents: 1,8-Cineole: 48%
- Plant Part: Herb
- Origin: Morocco
- Processing Method: Steam Distilled
- Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
- Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Rosemary has a fresh, strong, woody and herbal scent.
- Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Ginger, Lemon, Orange and Peppermint.
The astringent properties of rosemary essential oil make it beneficial for skin care. It contains a wide array of nutrients such as iron, calcium, vitamins and antioxidants.
Rejuvenates Skin by Massaging your skin with rosemary essential oil blended with carrier oil (argan oil) to rehydrates and tones your skin. It removes wrinkles and bags on the skin, thus keeping it taut and healthy. Its cell regeneration properties are effective in treating visible skin conditions and replacing the damaged tissue, thus reducing the appearance of scars and spots.
- Treatment Of Acne: Rosemary oil has powerful disinfectant and antiseptic properties. These help in treating acne and oily skin conditions. Massaging your face with this oil improves skin complexion by lightening dark spots and blemishes on the skin.
- Anti-Ageing Property: Being rich in powerful antioxidants, rosemary oil slows down the effect of ageing on the skin. It helps in tightening sagging and loose skin, thus making it firmer and more elastic. Moreover, it stimulates biological activity and cell growth to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- The medicinal qualities of rosemary essential oil make it beneficial for treating chronic skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. Its anti-inflammatory properties are useful in reducing the swelling and puffiness of the skin as well as healing burns.
- Promotes hair growth and thickness.
- Stimulates the hair follicles, thus enabling your hair to grow stronger and longer.
- Darkens Hair: Besides being a stimulant for the roots and the scalp, this oil is known for its hair darkening properties and hence, is a better option than dyeing your hair with chemicals. If you have hints of grey in your hair, you can massage it with rosemary essential oil. This will gently and softly darken your hair without the side effects of harsh chemicals
- Treatment Of Dandruff: Rosemary oil is beneficial for a dry and flaky scalp and may prevent premature baldness. Regular massage with this oil nourishes your scalp and helps remove dandruff.
How to Use:
Make you Rosemary blend by Simply combine 6-9 drops of Moroccan Rosemary essential oil with 15ml carrier oil (argan oil, barbary oil)
- For Face Apply 2-3 drops of Rosemary blend and massage gently your cleansed skin or affected area
- For Hair Apply 30-45 Drops of Rosemary blend and massage your scalp for 10min, leave it for 2 hours and wash your hair.
Cautions: This oil should not be used by those who are pregnant or under the care of a physician. Dilute well before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.